So you have your dream job of working from home and life couldn’t be better, right? But lately, you are irritable, you don’t seem to be getting much done, the house looks like a hurricane hit it and you lost your pep.
Do you think maybe, it just might be time to learn to take a break and Walk Away?
Walk Away or be Forced to
I know, I know you thought working from home was supposed to be stress free. After all your not working for a boss that doesn’t appreciate you. You aren’t having to spend money on gas and car repair and you can choose to Walk Away and call it a day whenever you want to.
In truth, working from home is less stress and certainly has more benefits than slaving away for a job that may not be here tomorrow. But let’s be honest here, okay? Working from home carries its own unique set of problems and rules and if you are not careful you will burn out and be forced to Walk Away.
Learn to Walk Away and Call it a Day
With home based businesses its really easy to get caught up in the work and forget about everything else. There are many things you deal with as an entrepreneur that an employee doesn’t have to and that is why it is critical to learn when to Walk Away and call it a day. Some of the things a home business worker might face are:
- There is no one making you punch a time card and leave
- You are the only income earner, you don’t finish the work, you don’t get paid
- There is always going to be that “one more thing” you need to do
- There is no separation between work and home.
- I deal with this one a lot because I rent a room so my “office” and my “home” are in the same room.
- There is a ton of training and webinars for you to Attend and people insisting you need to.
- Everybody wants your attention and assistance for their work.
Any one of the above situations will make it hard to Walk Away and call it a day, combined and it can be darn near impossible…or so it would seem.
The Benefits of Learning to Walk Away
When you Walk Away and call it a day you will get a chance to relax and enjoy the things in life you like. This is one of the main reasons people give for having their own business. So if you are not doing that, then you will find it harder to do the job at hand.
By putting a clear distinction between work time and the time you Walk Away and call it a day, will actually wind up getting more work done because you are on a timed schedule and this will motivate you to keep working. Of course the idea here is not to be so rigid you can’t stop and smell the roses your kid just picked for you. It is however, a good idea to have set times for work.
Having a scheduled time to Walk Away will also give friends and family the security of knowing when you will be available and that will make them happy and in turn make you happy too. Scheduled breaks will also help you to feel more refreshed.
Your Walk Away Action Plan
- Have set hours of operation with set break times.
- Be flexible but not so flexible that the schedule is lost.
- Plan on working for 2 to 3 hours then break for an hour
- We all benefit from a change of scenery “so to speak”
- Eat your meals somewhere other than the Office Desk.
- If you feel yourself getting tense or frustrated, take a short break
- Sometimes all it takes to help you refocus and find a solution to your troubles is to get up and Walk Away.
- Remember God only worked 6 days, chances are your old boss had you only working 6 days so don’t be afraid to say I am only working 6 days.
- This is clearly an immune booster too…we all need a resting point.
Overworking yourself stresses your body. It can cause heart attacks, ulcers, heartburn and food digestion issues, and a whole slew of other problems. Your body needs you to take time to Walk Away from things and allow it to rest. Not just at bedtime either. Resting, laughing, enjoying something releases things in you that make you feel good and that in turn helps you have a better work day.
So the next time you are tempted to work “just a little more” when you have been at it all day. Stop and evaluate your reason as to why and if its not something with a deadline then get up and Walk Away trust me it will still be there when you return and you will be a much happier person because of it.
DROP ME A COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT! If you enjoyed Just take a break already | Learning when to walk away and call it a day or found it helpful, share it by clicking those SHARE buttons!
Promoting your blog can not be easier due to a SEOpressor.